For a medical/functional emergency call 211.
For a life-threatening emergency call 911.
If you need to be rescued call 281-238-3430
If you need info about shelters or help, inside Houston, dial 311; outside Houston, dial 211
People in distress can call the following
US Coast Guard numbers:
- Disaster Assistance
- Texas Dept. of Insurance
- Apply for Assistance FEMA
- Health Insurance (natural disaster individuals qualify to purchase health ins)
- Texas Rebuilds (long-term recovery efforts)
- Operation Hope (free financial services for Harvey victims)
- National Disaster Legal Aid
- Disaster Unemployment Assistance
- City of Houston Emergency Operations Center
- American Red Cross or call 1-800-RED CROSS or text HARVEY to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner has established the Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund that will accept tax-deductible flood relief donations for victims affected by the recent floods.
- Justin J. Watt Foundation
- Salvation Army
- Houston Coalition for the Homeless
- Texas Diaper Bank
- Galveston Food Bank
- HEB Disaster Relief
- Houston Food Bank
- SPCA of Texas
- Houston Independent School District (specify Harvey in donate field, and funds will go to students & families affected)
- Boat Donations Call Harris County to coordinate: 713-881-3100